Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Endless Cheers, GNO, and Butterfly Snatching

Since I'm usually a day late and a dollar short I don't feel so bad about posting about the weekend on a Tuesday!!! We had an extremely packed-full-of-fun weekend and I even took pictures - YAY ME!! So lets just get right down to it....

Friday, my sweet little Lucy started Cheerleader Camp. When she was finished on Friday she told me she liked it better than gymnastics. Before this, gymnastics was at the top of the list beating out skipping daycare for a day and going to the beach - so I knew we had a winner. Although they learned about fifty cheers, Lucy can only seem to remember ONE and yes this is the ENDLESS CHEER. This cheer can be used to express feelings, turned into a song, or just chanted OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I think Lucy has forgotten an extensive amount of vocabulary and replaced it with....say it with me now.....BIG G, LITTLE O, GO, GO!!!!

Please forgive the quality of this picture. I had to take it from WAY up in the stands and obviously my little point and shoot couldn't handle the stress....better pictures to come....

Friday night was girls night!!! Who doesn't love that!!! I would like to raise a toast to my girls - Amber, Morgan, Mycalee, Amy, Nicole, Lindy, Melissa (and LeAnn even though she wasn't there this time) and it is simply - Thank you for being you and for letting me be me!!!!

I stole this picture from Amber!!! Thanks girl!!!

Saturday was back to cheerleader camp, lunch with the ten people who wanted to go see Lucy cheer, dinner at a new Hibachi restaurant in town and home to bed!!!

AHHHHH....Sunday. We decided to take a little road trip to Childersburg, AL to visit DeSoto Cavers. Since I had not been there since my fourth grade field trip (we won't say how long ago THAT was) I thought it would be fun. We toured the cave....
Where not only did we see huge formations, Indian burial grounds and an underground waterfall, Lucy discovered the art of piling gravel on benches....
Out of the cave and on to the butterfly exhibit. A sign posted on the gate clearly stated DO NOT TOUCH THE BUTTERFLIES.....

So she held herself back.....
And I was so proud. But who am I to deny the child a scientific learning experience?

And then I remembered to set a good example. So I told her we had to follow the rules. But she didn't want to....So she grabbed one out of the bush....
After that it was time to GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE....But I'm pretty sure (with this face) Lucy was scheming to get a butterfly in her pocket!
Sorry so long!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!!







2 comments:

  1. We love you too Ashley and wouldn't have you any other way. I love that cheer by the way :) She is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too!!! Cute pix of Lucy. And, it's okay about the picture, I stole it from Morgan (my card reader is broken) LOL.

    ReplyDelete