Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Scatterbrained and Forgetful...

Yep, that's me!!! I was so excited last week to share with everyone the books I had read and this week I just forgot. What I also forgot was to put up a few pictures of cheer leading and the new haircut. My brain doesn't work the way it once did so I found it difficult to remember to take pictures AFTER the haircut and BEFORE Lucy got all sweaty during the football game. So anyway, lets just roll it all in to one Book Review/Picture/Wordless Wednesday post shall we?




They obviously don't have their uniforms yet so hopefully I'll remember to take my good camera and get some better shots!!

And on to the haircut...


Below...Lucy's "I haven't had a nap today, its 3:30, I've cheered in 100 degrees all day" face...



And as for the book review....

I have read two this week that are definitely worth mentioning. The first is Undertow by Sydney Bauer. It is a very interesting drama about a teenager who drowns in a boating accident and her friends mother charged with murder. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and introduce you to the sickening world of dirty racist politicians....

Secondly, I have started the Left Behind series and finished the first book just yesterday. If you are a Christian it will bring you closer to God, if not, it will give you something to seriously consider. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for answers. Although it is fiction, it is a great way of explaining the book of Revelations so everyone can understand. It has certainly made me realize that the end is near and how to be prepared...


Well, that's it!!! I think I'm all caught up for now. And just for giggles, here is a picture of Lucy and her cousin Cate at the lake last weekend...


4 comments:

  1. She is such a doll face. I have read the left behind series and I have to agree that they are life changing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures. I have never read the Left Behind books, but have you been to Highlands this month? Pastor Chris is doing a great series about the end. We missed this past week because we were out of town but I am going to listen to it before this Sunday. I heard it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the haircut. I have read the Left Behind series...twice. I have them all and loved them. I could not wait til the next one came out. They truly are life changing.

    ReplyDelete