Friday, May 8, 2009

Let the Driving Begin!!!

Tire rotation, CHECK. Oil Change, CHECK. License renewed, CHECK. Bank run, CHECK. Full tank, CHECK. Packed bags, snacks, sunscreen, CHECK. Whew....what a day and after all of this, I am still at work for another hour. After some serious thought, prayer, stress and tears (Lucy's not mine) we have decided to break the seal and head to the beach for the first time this season. Any other time I would be SO excited to get down to the Gulf and relax. However, I was kind of looking forward to just ONE more weekend at home before what seems like the never ending drive up and down interstate 65. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely cannot wait to see the hubs and Lucy needs to see daddy every weekend. I am also super happy about getting to sit on the beach for one whole day....WOO HOO. I guess that is the part that gets to me, all of the stress of getting ready to go, driving four hours, bed, play all day Saturday, back in the car for four more hours on Sunday. I don't know why I am complaining. I do LOVE the beach and if I didn't get to go every weekend I would complain about NOT going. So....SUCK IT UP ASHLEY...is what I keep telling myself. This is the life we have chosen for now and it seems to be working out just fine, fantastic in fact. So, there is my little rant for the day......and don't tell anyone but I really can't wait to get there!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment