Monday, July 20, 2009

Boredom and Brownies....

As I mentioned in one of last week's posts, my plans for the past weekend were suddenly canceled so I opted to stay home....alone. I was so excited to have a little time for myself that I didn't even have a plan....bad idea. When I left work on Friday, around 4:30 I could not wait to get home. I pulled in the driveway around 4:35, ran straight to the bedroom to find my most comfortable clothes. This consisted of a #1 Dad t-shirt size XL and black yoga style stretchy pants. Since no one was around to witness the outfit, no one would know if I ate a brownie (or two) either. AHHH...relaxation. I read a little of my book and boredom struck around 6:00. UGG. It was 6:00 on a Friday night and hadn't a clue what to do. Light bulb!!! I'll color my hair I thought. I had some blond hair coloring in the bathroom that I hadn't been brave enough (or bored enough) to try. I went through the steps and came out with blond, no not just blond, PLATINUM blond hair. OMIGOD what should I do? I couldn't take it nor should I ever color my own hair. I grabbed my keys and off to Wal-Mart I went. I was so distracted by my hair that I didn't even think about the clothes. So looking like the perfect mix of Hulk Hogan, Hank Hill and Peg Bundy, I went in search of MORE hair coloring to fix this mess. I walked into Wal-Mart and suddenly realized my wardrobe choice wasn't all bad. I blended well with the Moo Moos and wife beaters of the fine country folk who frequent Wal-Mart on Friday night!! I found what I was looking for within 10 minutes. But wait, I had all the time in the world. I wondered around the cosmetics isles and decided on an Olay microderm abrasion / peel kit and thought if I could have perfect skin (like the box said) I might have a boost of confidence. The hair and outfit really had me down. This was too depressing, I needed chocolate. After checking out and ducking out the door I passed a Dairy Queen and my steering wheel just so happened to turn in. My car knows what I need. It ordered me a brownie sundae and took me home. I ate the sundae, colored my hair to a somewhat normal shade of dirty blond and jumped up and down with excitement when I took the towel off my head and my hair didn't come with it. Ok, lesson learned, always trust a professional!! On to the facial, I scrubbed with the orange stuff, rubbed in the sticky stuff, and then to the "peel". HELP....It felt like fire on my face. I thought I was dying. I finally figured out that if I washed it off instead of running around the bathroom it would stop burning. Obviously the hair fumes were interfering with the part of my brain that contains common sense (not my fault). That was enough excitement for one night so I decided to go to bed. The fumes must have been messing with more than my common sense because my feet let me into the kitchen and to ANOTHER brownie...Damn feet. After all of that I went to bed, watched The Little Mermaid and fell asleep. I missed Lucy terribly therefore I was bored yet again on Saturday. We'll save that for another post!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend and maybe I can hold it together for a few days until I can get back to the beach and regain my sanity!!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny! Hey, there isn't anything wrong with eating a brownie or 2 or 3. I find myself doing that all the time. I think that's what gets me in trouble! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW I am laughing so hard I'm crying. That cracked me up!!! A little too much bordem can obviously be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAHAHAH!!!!!! Ashley, that is hilarious. I lost count on how many brownies...3,4! Oh well, I made 5 min chocolate mug cake at 10pm last night and ate the whole dang thing by myself...Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

    PS There is nothing wrong with a little platinum! :)

    ReplyDelete