Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME

As you get older it feels like birthdays don't mean much anymore. Yesterday morning (my birthday) it was just another day and I really didn't want or expect anything special. I don't like to toot my own horn or have the world revolve around me (and I don't want to get any older)!! When you are a kid, you do want that, me me me, its all about me today...ITS MY BIRTHDAY. But yesterday, I realized how good it feels to be "special" without begging for it. I went to lunch with a few of my FAVORITE girls. Just knowing that they wanted to have lunch for MY birthday made me feel incredibly special and so blessed to have friends like them. So thank you Amber, Morgan and LeAnn!! After work, my little brother Josh and sister Emily took me to eat Mexican food. You must understand, Josh is 20 and Emily 23 so they thought it was time to PARTY, stay out all night and act like fools. But when I asked them if they just wanted to come over and hang out they were, hesitantly, ok with it. We ended up at my house with my husband Mark and Lucy doing NOTHING!!! A bottle of wine, stomach hurting from laughing so hard, dancing to old music and hanging out with the people I love. It was the best birthday I could ever have asked for and as much as I say I'm DONE aging, if I can have one day like that once a year...at least I'll FEEL young forever!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great time at lunch and a wonderful birthday! Girl you don't look a day over 20 remember! LOL

    ReplyDelete