Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I can't keep up....

I realize (again) that is has been quite a while since my last post. Most people think of Summer as a time to relax, go on vacation and have a little down time. Not me. It is quite the opposite. Not in a bad way, just SUPER busy 24/7. I took a much needed day off on Friday and to my relief, got about five out of ten loads of laundry done before my trek to the beach. We left a little later than I would have liked to but we were running out of clean underwear and I wasn't in the mood to run to Wal Mart for new ones!!! We had a grand ole' time spending Father's Day weekend on the beach while FATHER was fishing or as some might call it "doing his job"! We did get to spend some good quality time with him Saturday night when we were all exhausted from the sand and sun, stuffing our faces with shrimp and new potatoes....our favorite thing to do on the weekends!!! We left on Sunday while daddy had to "work" again but not before we headed to Tacky Jacks for Mark's father's day breakfast. When I say breakfast, I mean HUGE farmer's omelets, pancakes, french toast and English muffins, enough to kill a horse!! Back in Birmingham we stopped by my parents to spend some time with POP (my dad) headed home to a broken A/C, back to my parents to sleep in the A/C, Lucy woke up with a rash and a fever, no work for me Monday, two doctors, antibiotics, cough syrup and a three hour nap later....Lucy is fine, I'm back at work, A/C fixed and everyone is happy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment