Thursday, April 1, 2010

Speaking "Tennessee"....

What...this blog is still around???? Well to answer that, yes and no!!! I know its been awhile. I've just been SUPER busy so I'm not going to bore you with everything that has been going on in my life for the past six months. I'll just bore you with something I found absolutely hilarious yesterday!!

As Lucy and I were driving to school yesterday morning we had, yet another, very meaningful conversation about life in other countries, languages they speak in Mexico, foods they eat in Italy, etc. Lucy learns a little Spanish in her class and loves to tell me the new words she learns and what they mean. Well her horizons were broadened when she went to stay with my in-laws for a day and learned a new word in a language in which only us southern folks are familiar and fluent. And here is how that conversation went....

Lucy - "Mom, I learned a new word in another language"

Me - "You did? What is it?"

Lucy - "Purdy"

Me - "Purdy? Do you mean pretty?

Lucy - "No PURDY...it MEANS pretty in 'country' "

Me (Laughing) "No sweetie, its just how some people say pretty"

Lucy - "Well where do they speak 'country'? In Tennessee? Poppy speaks Tennessee!!"

And we just left it at that!!!

8 comments:

  1. So cute. I love the things kids say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! I was wondering if you were ever going to blog again although I can't really say anything I haven't been very good at it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HILARIOUS!!! I miss Lucy's stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love not knowing what's going to come out of their mouths next. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL....that was precious! I love it....have missed reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I can't find an email address for you, but check my giveaway winner's page and email me!! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete