Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cowgirl Champion...

As I mentioned in my last post, Lucy's cheerleading squad took home second place at the Mid-State Competition two weeks ago and as a parent I was SUPER proud of all of the girls. These ten girls have been through so much and totally deserved the honor of second place. However, the week after that competition they really stepped it up. The coaches worked extra hard with them, changed a few things and at the UCA State Championship this past weekend the 75lb Chelsea Hornets TOOK FIRST PLACE!!!! Lucy, being the adorable four year old that she is, was just beyond words and the only thing she could say to me when I went to squeeze the life out of her, oh I mean HUG her was... f f f FIRST p p p PLACE....Mommy FIRST PLACE!!! Ok and I might have cried just a little bit!!!! I don't think I've every seen her at a loss for words....EVER but I was so happy for her and the entire squad, coaches included!!! Of course before the competition we had a few stressful moments. First of all I couldn't find her little turtleneck undershirt thing (which ended up being in my car) so I washed and dried it and it was done in the very nick of time. We fought about her hair and how she didn't want to wear pigtails, she wanted to wear it down and straight like Hannah Montana and then the fact that we had left her cheerleading shoes at my parents house and she decided she would rather wear cowboy boots anyway. So here are a few before and after pictures of Lucy from getting ready to the BIG WIN!!!!...

The torture of rolling the hair on rags...
The result of rolling her hair on rags...


Mad at me for the argument over the boots....obviously she won...
Super excited about the "HUGE blue trophy that matches her blue uniform"...
This face says it all...
And finally....the whole Champion Squad....
When we got home and Lucy set her trophy next to her 2nd place one from the week before she said..."I hope next time we get a #3 trophy so I can have a 1, 2, AND A 3!!!!! But finally decided she liked the big one the best and only wanted "those ones" from now on!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Too Cute!!! She is so prissy, it cracks me up. Congrats on first place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic with the boots!! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete